SJB Planning is currently searching for an Associate or Senior Associate Town Planner to join our team. We’re one of Melbourne’s leading statutory planning firms, and we’re proud of our open, supportive and collaborative culture.
This is a genuinely great opportunity for a motivated high achiever to take their career to the next level, and be part of a team that’s one-of-a-kind (in a good way).
Our wish list
Here’s what we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Tertiary degree in Urban and Regional Planning
- 8 years+ of relevant post-grad work experience
- Experience in the Victorian planning system (ideally private sector)
- Solid statutory planning track record demonstrating high-level technical and practical competency
- Ability to work independently to deliver project outcomes
- Confident in mentoring and managing junior team members
- Top notch communication and report writing skills
- Experience at VCAT and Panels
A bit about the job
Here are some of the things you’d be expected to do, day-to-day:
- Take a lead role in running projects and managing junior staff
- Work on a wide range of projects across all land use and developmentsectors in Melbourne and beyond
- Prepare and oversee preparation of technical reports, including planningpermit applications, planning scheme amendments and advocacy andexpert witness reports
- Liaise with existing and future clients about site development potential and opportunities
- Represent clients at VCAT and Panels Victoria
- Stay up to date with planning policy changes and decisions (and communicate this to clients)
- New business development
Interested? Here’s what to do
To find out more, or apply for the role, contact Luana Takle on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.